How To Make Slime with Hair Gel
Today we are going to be making some Slime with Hair Gel, because what better way to spend your free time? We have been sorting over all the recipes being submitted by our readers with hair gel. Hair gel is a great way to make slime since it is an activator to the other ingredients to bring it to the right gooey texture to play with.
We used a clear hair gel and cornstarch, that’s it. We added in food coloring and glitter to make our slime look cool while we play with it. Once we were done mixing these ingredients together with a spatula, we transferred our slime into a bowl with lid to cover it, covered it and placed it in the freezer for twenty minutes.
Your slime will last for a week or more depending on how well you store it.
A Large Bowl
A large plastic bowl is needed to mix your ingredients. Glass will also work but is not as kid friendly.
A Plastic Spoon or Spatula
A large plastic spoon or spatula is needed to mix all the ingredients together. Plastic works best since the slime will not stick to it once you are done.
A Mesuring Cup
Measuring cups are needed so you will get the perfect amount of each ingredient. Slime needs the right amount of each ingredient or it won’t form correctly.
Airtight tupperware is key to keeping your slime fresh for multiple days. Make sure to put your up one you are done playing with it or you will need to make another batch!
- Pour clear hair gel into a bowl.
- Next, add in a few drops of food coloring and stir well.
- Add cornstarch and stir the mixture until well combined.
- Cover the container of slime with a lid and place it into the freezer. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer is up, take the slime out from the container in the freezer, and knead it gently with your hands. Should be lots of fun to play with.
Remember to properly store your slime so you can enjoy it longer!